EPFO UAN LOGIN REGISTRATION & ACTIVATION ONLINE
1. Universal Account Number or UAN Login.
UAN or Universal Account Number is a unique 12-digit number. The Employee Provident Fund Organization or EPFO allots it. The UAN login number remains the same throughout life, no matter how many jobs he has switched. EPFO allots a new member identification number (ID), every time an employee switches job. This ID is linked to the UAN. You can put in a request for this new member ID by submitting the UAN to the new employer. Once the member ID is created, it gets linked to the UAN of the employee.
2. How to know UAN details?
a. Through Employer
You can get your Universal Account Number from your employer. An employer has provided UAN to you through the EPFO. Further, some employer prints the UAN number in the salary slips.
b. Through UAN Portal using PF number or member ID
You can also obtain the UAN number from UAN portal. You need to follow the below steps:
- Go the UAN Login Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Next click on the button ‘Know your UAN Status’.
- Select state & EPFO office from the drop-down menu. Enter your PF number or member ID. Fill the other details such as name, date of birth, mobile no, captcha code. Now enter the tab ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will receive a PIN on your registered mobile number. Enter the PIN and enter on ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
- Also, your UAN or Universal Account Number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
3. Documents required for UAN generation.
- Bank Details i.e Account Number, IFSC Code and Branch Name.
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- ESIC Card
- Address Proof
4. How to activate UAN by EPFO website?
You can activate UAN if you have Universal Account Number and PF member id.
- Go to the EPFO homepage. Next Click on ‘For Employees’ under ‘Our Services’ on the dashboard.
- Click on ‘Member UAN/Online services’. Also, it is available in the services section.
- Enter your Universal Account Number, mobile number and PF member ID. Enter the captcha characters. Next click on the ‘Get authorization PIN’ button. So, you will receive the PIN number on your registered mobile number.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ under the Disclaimer checkbox and enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- On activation of the UAN, you will receive a password on your registered mobile number to access your account.
- If you wish to change your password it is possible, when you log into the UAN Login portal with your Universal Account Number as id and the password you receive on your mobile number.
5. Features & benefits of UAN Login.
- Universal Account Number or UAN helps to centralize employee data in the country.
- One of the biggest use of this unique number is that it brings down the burden of employee verification from companies and employers by EPF organization.
- This account made it possible for EPFO to extract the bank account details and KYC of the member and KYC without the help of employers.
- It is useful for EPFO to track multiple job switches of an employee.
- Untimely and early EPF withdrawals have reduced considerably with the introduction of UAN.
6. Advantages of UAN Portal to employees.
- Every new PF account with a new job will come under the umbrella of a single unified account.
- It is easier to withdraw (fully or partially) PF online with this number.
- Now the employees themselves can transfer PF balance from old to new using this unique account number.
- Any time you want a PF statement (visa purpose, loan security etc.), you can download one instantly – either by logging in using member ID or UAN or by sending an SMS.
- There will be no need for new employers to validate your profile if the UAN is already Aadhaar and KYC.
- UAN ensures that employers cannot access or withhold the PF balance money of their employees.
- So, it is easier for employees to ensure that his/her employer is regularly depositing their contribution in the PF account.
7. UAN Registration Process for Employers.
If you are an employer, it is mandatory for you to forward the details of the new members, who have joined the company, to the EPFO department. It has been made compulsory so that a UAN is generated for a first-time employee who does not have a P.F. account.
8. UAN Login Registration Procedure who has joined EPF for the first time.
In this case, you can obtain the UAN from the EPFO portal based on the information provided in the declaration form by the member. Only after you have obtained the UAN from the portal, you can submit the ECR in respect of the member. The process of obtaining the UAN is as follows,
- You can obtain the UAN number for the member joining EPF for the first time from the EPFO portal.
- You have to provide the details of the member e Name, Father’s or Husband’s name, date of birth, etc. along with KYC details as registered on the EPFO portal.
- Also, you have to fill the details as per the KYC document, i.e. Aadhaar card.
- You will get the UAN from the portal. Hence, it will be available for validating for ECR file.
9. UAN Number Registration for a Member who already has an EPF membership
- The employee has to declare his UAN or EPF account number details to the employer.
- You are then required to link the current employment with the UAN provided before filing the ECR.
- The details of the member given in the UAN provided will be used in the ECR of the present establishment.
- You can remit dues through the ECR for the linked UAN.
10. EPF / UAN Passbook Download Process.
- Visit the EPF India portal.
- Go to ‘Our Services’ section and click on ‘For Employees’.
- ‘Member Passbook’ link will be present under the section. Click on that link.
- Log in with your UAN and password.
- You will be able to see your Member ID button. Next click on that button &the UAN passbook will appear on your right-hand side tab.
- Since it is a PDF file, you can download it by clicking on the download button that will appear at the top-right corner of the file.
11. How to Link Aadhaar to UAN?
Aadhaar is compulsory to avail the facility of auto-transferring of PF balance. Link your Aadhaar details with UAN online. The linking facility provided by the EPFO on the UAN member portal has made it easier to access PF funds. So, you can link your Aadhaar with UAN through the EPFO portal by following the simple steps,
- Go to the EPFO website and click on the e-KYC Portal section, it is under the ‘Online Services’ tab section.
- You will be redirected to the section where you will have to then click on ‘Link UAN Aadhaar’.
- So, you are required to enter your UAN number to move forward, and then an OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with UAN.
- After OTP is verified, you are required to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. You will receive an OTP on your mobile number that you have linked with the UIDAI database.
- When the OTP verification process is complete, and the UAN details match with the Aadhaar details, your UAN gets linked to your Aadhaar number.
12. Advantages of UAN Activation Online.
When you register yourself and log in by UAN login as member e-Sewa Portal, you are liable to get the following benefits.
- You can easily download the EPF passbook. Also, it shows your PF balance and can be used for availing a loan
- Also, you can link all your PF accounts thorough the e-Sewa portal
- You can provide an alternate mobile number or email address
- Also, you can also transfer your EPF
- It makes it possible for you to alter your mobile number and email address
- If you are registered at the e-Sewa portal, you can link your Aadhaar details with the UAN
13. UAN number benefits for employees
There are a lot of benefits of UAN login provided to both the employer and employees. An employee can avail the following benefits
- You can carry out the auto-transfer process of your PF accounts with the help of the UAN Portal.
- Further, you can merge up to 10 PF account at once using UAN. To do this, you will have to link your Aadhaar details to the UAN Portal.
- Also, you can make transfers, contribute or withdraw and check your PF balance using the UAN.
- Once your details are seeded with UAN, you will receive a notification every time a contribution or a withdrawal is made.
- Also, you can apply online for PF transfer.
- PF BALANCE, UAN & PF STATUS CHECK ONLINE.
- UAN EPF PORTAL CHANGE MOBILE NUMBER ONLINE.
- UAN MEMBER PORTAL ONLINE TO UPDATE KYC DETAILS EPF